Job Posting: Web and Promotions Assistant
Duration: 6 weeks
Start and End Dates: Flexible; 6 consecutive weeks between June 15 – August 25, 2017
Wage: 13.00 per hour, 35 hours per week
Language(s) of work: Intermediate to excellent oral and written English and basic (working knowledge of) oral and written French
Location: Montreal, Quebec
ELAN (English Language Arts Network) is a non-profit organization devoted to helping Quebec’s English-language artists connect with one another, with their francophone colleagues, and with audiences in Quebec, Canada, and internationally. Our members include artists and organizations representing many artistic disciplines and regions of Quebec. ELAN encourages an evolving Quebec identity that celebrates social, cultural, and artistic diversity.
ELAN seeks a Web and Promotions Assistant to assist with our office systems and website, and to assist in aligning ELAN’s digital communications platforms.
In 2016, ELAN redesigned its website with improved resources and FAQ sections. We are currently adding a new membership database/CRM (client relations management) system. We are also re-evaluating websites and resources that were created for expired projects, seeking to preserve the valuable knowledge they contain while streamlining our administrative load. The Assistant will help ELAN solidify these improvements through administrative and technical support.
The Assistant will have the following duties:
1. Conduct a needs assessment of ELAN’s current office systems. Provide recommendations on cloud computing and digital archiving.
2. Assist ELAN staff in integrating ELAN’s promotions across digital channels (website, social media, email newsletter).
3. Assist ELAN staff in maintaining or archiving past project websites.
4. Maintain ELAN’s new online membership database. Research and recommend improvements.
5. Research, write and post content on the Made au Québec website. Research and recommend improvements.
6. Coordinate, edit, and post content on the Arts Alive! Québec website. Ensure information is up to date, and respond to project participants.
The Assistant will also collaborate with ELAN staff on ongoing marketing and membership outreach
campaigns, through digital communications (social media, website, email) and other channels. Research, writing, and communication through email, by phone, in person, and online will be involved.
This position is funded by the Government of Canada – Service Canada through Canada Summer Jobs. You must meet program criteria to be eligible for this position.
You are eligible if you:
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible);
• were a full-time student during the previous academic year;
• intend to return to school full-time for the next academic year.
• Candidate should be studying arts and cultural management, arts administration, general or fine arts, office administration, communications, social sciences, marketing, or business.
• Intermediate to excellent spoken and written English; and a working knowledge of French.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite), email programs (Thunderbird), databases.
• Solid interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills, and the capacity to work autonomously.
• Experience with website design and digital communications will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, and WordPress will be considered assets.
• Experience with outreach and development in the non-profit sector will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of or proven interest in arts and culture or Quebec communities will be considered an asset.
ELAN encourages candidates to highlight additional qualifications they feel are pertinent to the job description, including non-traditional skills and experience.
Unfortunately ELAN is not located in a fully accessible building. There is a wide doorway at the front entrance, and five steps in the lobby leading to the elevators. There is a cement ramp at the back entrance which leads to the elevators. There are wheelchair-accessible washrooms on the floor below ELAN’s office. For further information, call 514 935 3312 or email email@example.com.
How to Apply
Apply by MAY 22. Email your CV and a cover letter in Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about your candidacy, or if you require assistance, please call 514 935 3312 or email email@example.com.
ELAN is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and newcomers to Canada), and from all groups who experience marginalization. We encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.