Please forward far and wide.
COCo is hiring a Project Coordinator for Portes Ouvertes a project focusing on enabling the Community Sector to become better adept at responding to social exclusion.
Who We Are:
The Centre for Community Organizations (COCo) promotes social justice,
active citizenship, democracy, and just socio-economic development in Quebec by supporting the growth of healthy organizations and strong communities. COCo is a provincial, non-profit organization that works primarily with English-speaking, bilingual, and ethno-cultural community organizations. COCo works within a collaborative structure where all team members are responsible for a variety of tasks.
This is a contract position will be between 9-11 hours/week. Occasional evening and weekend work is required. Salary: $29.29/hour, with some benefits. Timeframe: November 5th, 2012 until March 31st, 2013.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Research and contact leaders of community groups, facilitators and workers in popular education who work with issues of social exclusion in Quebec
• Plan and run two work sessions with invitees that focus on this key issue
• Synthesize the outcomes of these sessions with models of practice already in place to create tools of best practice about this topic
• Disseminate findings through COCo website and e-bulletin
• Establish and moderate an ongoing community-of-practice through an online forum
• Collect final results, evaluations of the project and produce final report for government funders
– Excellent French and English writing and oral communication skills;
– Demonstrated experience in facilitation, popular education, creating accessible tools, and workshop development;
– Experience/expertise working in anti-oppression;
– Experience in report writing and accounting to funders;
– Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills;
– Knowledge of, and relationships with english, bilingual and ethnocultural networks;
– Exemplary team-player who enjoys sharing tasks, working collaboratively and building capacity within the team, while still being able to work autonomously;
– Ability to work in a responsive, flexible and creative work environment;
– Excellent IT skills and knowledge of online forum platforms and web communications
– Strong critical analysis abilities from a social justice perspective
Please forward your CV, cover letter and 300-400 words describing a specific and relevant project you have worked on or facilitated in the community sector.
COCo has an employment equity policy. People from marginalized communities, including but not limited to women, Aboriginal people, differently-abled people, people of colour, queer and trans people, and working class people are especially encouraged to apply. Please indicate if you consider yourself to be a member of a traditionally disadvantaged group and would like to be considered as such for the purpose of this hiring process.
Deadline for applications: please email your application to email@example.com by Sunday the 21st of October 2012. Ideally, potential candidates will be available for an interview between the 24th and 31st of October and be available to start on the 5th of November 2012.
While we thank you for your applications, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.