The position of Administrative Advisor consists in offering support services to the members of the Machinery’s community and more specifically to the artists supported through the Support Unit and À la carte services. The nature of the services varies according to the creator’s needs and individually-discussed agreements. In addition to these responsibilities, the Advisor will be actively involved in the Machinery’s activities (advisory services, pedagogical activities, and other meetings with actors from the cultural sector).
In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Service Director and the other members of the team, the Advisor will see to the realization of the following tasks:
Administrative services to artists (60 %)
– Support artists with the strategic development and the management of their administration;
– Develop budgetary plans with artists as well as other financial forecasts;
– Prepare budgets for grant applications and/or final reports;
– Offer administrative management services;
Support production activities (preparing hiring contracts…) ;
Take charge of bookkeeping and fulfill legal obligations
Achieve other related tasks regarding the administrative development of artists.
Other activities of the Machinery (40 %)
– Attend Orientation sessions and Organizational mappings meetings with members of our community to advise them with the structural steps of their development;
– Attend pedagogical activities to learn more about the needs of the milieu and to share expertises (Experts workshops, Coffee-Chats);
– Help updating the tools pertaining to administrative management;
– Take part to the Machinery’s collective strategic planning (its structure, its services).
20-25$/h, according to the candidate’s experience as well as the Machinery’s salary grid