Founded in 1995, YES (Youth Employment Services Foundation), a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses, is looking to hire.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will provide administrative support to the Youth On The Rise project (YOTR). The successful candidate enjoys communicating with the public, is organized, dependable, detail oriented, have excellent knowledge of Office 365 and all related applications, wants to work in the non-profit sector and is an excellent administrator.
YOTR is a life skills and employability program for at-risk youth from the ages of 18-30. The youth attend two months of online training (will be done in office when safe to do so), followed by three months of work placement. This program aims to help youth thrive in an ever-changing labour market and take steps towards ensuring economic empowerment.
The Administrative Assistant handles routine and advanced duties for the Program Manager and Project Coordinator. The administrative assistant will be responsible for ensuring the youth’s documents and forms have been received and are updated. This includes taking attendance and handling all cheque requisitions in conjunction with the Financial Officer to ensure program participants are paid on time. They will be responsible to manage all CRM data input and maintenance throughout the duration of the program for program participants and all partners. They will collaborate with our employment partners to secure contracts and ensure reimbursements are on time. While organizing files, creating correspondence, preparing reports and documents, managing calendars to schedule appointments, they will offer general staff support. If interested, the Administrative Assistant will have the opportunity to facilitate workshops for the youth on topics relevant to their knowledge and experience. They might engage in event planning and meeting setup and implementation. Will assist with client services, workshops, events, reports and other related tasks. This includes:
- Collect and prepare reports
- Meet and greet clients
- Initiate and foster contacts with community organizations and corporations
- Present YES services at community events, universities, and job fairs and other community outreach events
- Draft ongoing correspondence with professional contacts and volunteers
- Set-up and maintain volunteer recruitment system
- Coordinate the distribution and collection of feedback forms
- Participate in outreach to the community as needed
- Replace the receptionist when necessary
- Assist with monthly tracking reports
- Other additional ad hoc administrative duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in administration
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar administrative position
- Strong English written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Available to work evenings when necessary
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Must enjoy working with people, with a positive, supportive approach
- Strong Networking Skills
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Bilingual (French and English)
Benefits: YES is proud of its diverse, committed, focused and respectful staff and volunteers. YES has a dynamic and fast paced work environment and offers its employees:
- 10 paid sick days/personal days per year
- Group Insurance plan (Life Insurance/ Health & Dental/ Disability Insurance)
- VSRP (Voluntary Sector Retirement Plan)
- Closed between Christmas and New Year’s
- 11 Statutory holidays
- Professional development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY: Send your cover letter* and résumé to the Director of Administration and Personnel at (*résumé must be accompanied by a cover letter). Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
YES is committed to equal opportunity employment and encourages applications of all backgrounds to apply.