PLURI is an non-for-profit organisation which aims to reduce harassment and improve the inclusivity of party spaces. Our services include on-site intervention at events, a volunteer program (Party Support), workshops for organizers, and consulting.
PLURI is seeking an administrative coordinator to handle the daily tasks of responding to email inquiries, managing social media, facilitating projects with clients, translating texts, scheduling volunteers and outreach workers, applying on funding and working on the structural and democratic development of the organisation. This role is flexible in schedule and can be self-established as long as tasks are completed regularly.
PLURI is committed to employment equity as an ongoing process. People with disabilities, Indigenous people, members of racialized groups, members of LGBTQIA2S+ communities, women and members of other historically marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. When candidates do not differ significantly in merit, and one such candidate belongs to a historically underrepresented group, Employment Equity requires that the member in this group will be selected. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for Employment Equity.
PLURI does not have an office for now. The administrative coordinator will be able to work from home until we get one. The position will require to do some coworking with the outreach coordinator, which can be done from your home, depending on its location, the outreach coordinator’s home or any coworking space that suits both your needs and ours.
The tasks include:
- Translating texts from English to French and from French to English (social media posts, educational material, website content, emails)
- Researching and Writing Grants: in collaboration with the outreach coordinator, researching and writing grants in order to sustain and expand the organization’s work
- Emailing (dispatching emails to the appropriate person, responding to email inquiries, scheduling trainings, service requests, press inquiries, etc)
- Scheduling Staff (Volunteers and Outreach Workers) (managing the outreach worker calendar and schedule, receiving requests for volunteers, sending to the volunteer mailing list and confirming volunteers)
- Social Media Management: responding to facebook messages, managing facebook events for workshops on behalf of PLURI, managing our volunteer Facebook group, making posts and statuses
- Basic Accounting: depositing online banking transfers and cheques, keeping track of income and expenses (on Google Sheets), writing and sending invoices
- Writing and updating Website Content
- Assisting in The Development of the Non-Profit Structure (general administrative tasks, co-writing policies, recruiting board members, contributing to the improvement of the organisation’s democratization)
- Excellent written English and French (mandatory)
- Very organized
- Hard working and motivated by the role and the mission of the organization
- Great problem-solving skills, solution-oriented mindset
- Good understanding of issues related to social justice, anti-oppressive politics and harm reduction
- Ability to conduct ethical reflections and debate
- Must own a computer they can work on
- Ability to use the Google suite and the Microsoft suite
- Experience with grant writing, knowledge of grants PLURI would qualify for
- Work experience or education in fields related to sociology, anthropology, social work, psychoeducation, education or any academic field related to social sciences
- Work experience or education in fields related to accounting, administration, business management or non-profit management.
- Personal or professional experience with nightlife and nightlife organizing
- Graphic design skills
- Ability to use WordPress editor
- Experience working in a community organization and or non-profit
Wage and schedule
15 hours / week
Between 14 and 18$/h, depending on the applicant’s experience and qualification
This is a 3-month contract position with the intention of extending it to a year and make it renewable in the circumstance that additional funding becomes available. The hours of the role are flexible but the position requires to work at least 3 days a week, mostly between Monday and Friday. The training and probation period lasts 2 weeks.
You can send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com before Monday, April 29th. Interviews will take place during that week.