We are currently looking to hire multiple part-time Boîte à Lunch Workshop Facilitators. These facilitators will facilitate after-school cooking and nutrition workshops for youth in grades 4 and 5 in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (NDG).
About the NDG Food Depot: Founded in 1986, the NDG Food Depot is a community-based non-profit organization that works collaboratively with its community to address the root causes of hunger and poverty in NDG and the surrounding areas in a manner that ensures dignity, community engagement, and the development of human potential.
Boîte à Lunch is an edible education and food security program serving youth and families in NDG. We run cooking and nutrition workshops for elementary and high school students in neighbourhood schools and community centers, during which participants prepare healthy meals and snacks. Families are also invited to participate in community cooking workshops in neighbourhood community centers.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Facilitation of cooking and nutrition workshops for children: 3 or 4 workshops per week for 10 weeks;
• Transfer of cooking skills and nutrition knowledge to workshop participants;
• Ensure a safe and hygienic environment for participants;
• Communication with participants and program partners, including parents of participants;
• Contribute to the development, planning, and evaluation of the workshops and program;
• Participate in team meetings and facilitate collaboration among team members;
• Facilitate the final party for Boîte à Lunch workshop participants (May 2018);
• Bilingual French/English;
• Experience working with youth;
• Ability to interact positively with youth of various social, economic, and cultural backgrounds;
• Understanding of the challenges faced by immigrant families, and appreciation of cultural knowledge and diversity;
• Strong foundation and interest in healthy eating and nutrition;
• Confidence in the kitchen and ability to transmit skills to participants in an empowering way;
• Strong capacity for effective teamwork and experience working in community settings;
• Knowledge of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce community is an asset;
• First aid certification and/or MAPAQ food handler certification is an asset; ability to ride a bicycle comfortably and/or a valid driver’s license are assets;
• Sense of initiative and creativity encouraged, along with a passion for food!
A precise weekly schedule will be set by the coordinators for each facilitator. We have several part-time positions to fill with varying weekly hours (between 9 and 12 hours per week) and schedules. Available facilitation slots are in the afternoons and evenings, from Tuesdays to Fridays. We will ask candidates to tell us their availabilities during the application process.
In addition, the facilitator should have certain flexibility to do preparation work from home, and must be available for the following events:
• Team meetings on Tuesdays at 1 PM every 2 weeks;
• End-of-session party for Boîte à Lunch participants – Friday, May 4th from 3 to 8 PM.
• 4-month contract (late January to early May 2018); with possibility of contract renewal in June 2018;
• Remuneration: 15$/hour. The facilitator will be hired as a part-time employee.
To apply, please fill out this online form*: https://form.jotform.ca/71906035632251
* If you can’t access the form, please give us a call at 514 483 4680 x 211
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 8th, 2018 at 5 PM
The NDG Food Depot is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to identify themselves in their application.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your patience and understanding.