Job Offer – Part time, contractual
Nutrition Corner Facilitator
About The Depot: Founded in 1986, The Depot is a community-based non-profit organization that works collaboratively with its community to address the root causes of hunger and poverty in NDG and the surrounding areas in a manner that ensures dignity, community engagement and the development of human potential.
We are currently looking to hire part-time Nutrition Facilitator.
• Bilingual French/English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills,
• Strong background in Nutrition or related field,
• Experience facilitating nutrition education sessions,
• Comfort engaging participants while they wait,
• Experience working with diverse community groups
• Capacity for effective teamwork and leadership,
• Knowledge of The Depot and it’s various programs,
• Knowledge of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce community is an asset,
• MAPAQ food handler certification is an asset,
• Sense of initiative and creativity encouraged.
This contract will begin July 30, 2019 (or as soon as possible), and will last for 6 months with the option to renew. The contract is 6 hours per week at $17.00 per hour.
The Nutrition Corner Facilitator must be available to work on Tuesdays from 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Responsibilities / Tasks :
• Facilitate the nutrition corner on Tuesdays from 2:00-6:45pm
• Preparation and plating of nutrition corner sample
• Provide basic nutrition and cooking education to participants
• Maintain prep space and nutrition corner neat and organized
• Collaborate with Nutrition and Community Kitchens Coordinator to plan and prepare the weekly recipe
• The creation and development of new recipes and resource sheets
• Participate in pre-service huddle to inform group of nutrition corner offering
• Communicate with the Distribution team to promote nutrition corner and to be informed regarding Emergency Food Basket offerings for each day.
• Share feedback to improve program with Nutrition and Community Kitchen Coordinator
• Track and record data for each shift of the nutrition corner
• Provide outreach to participants for our various programs, support interested participants to register for desired programs.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV. Applications will be read as they are received, so we recommend that candidates submit as early as possible. Applications received after July 24, 2019 might not be considered
Please drop off or email a cover letter and your CV in a single document with the subject line “Nutrition Corner Facilitator” to email@example.com. Please indicate your capacity to communicate in English and French in your cover letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
The Depot is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
TIPS FOR APPLYING! In your cover letter, we want to hear:
• Who you are and what your background is. The Depot is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages applicants from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
• What you like about The Depot and why you want to work in this job. We want to make sure you understand our mission and our values. Tell us why you think this job is interesting and important.
• What your experience is. Have you worked in similar jobs or have you volunteered in similar programs before? Tell us what skills that you gained and how your experience would help you in this job. If there’s experience you don’t have, be honest and tell us how you hope to grow and learn.
• Be yourself! We want to hear your voice and enthusiasm!
Questions about the jobs or the application process?
Please contact Vivian
at firstname.lastname@example.org 514-483-4680 x210.