New Hope is a non-for-profit charitable organization working in the heart of NDG, toward breaking isolation of seniors. New Hope does this by: serving community lunches and preparing and delivering Meals on Wheels three times a week, as well as by offering a variety of day time programming and activities at the Centre. We a
Presently, New Hope is looking for an assistant cook with the following duties:
- Prioritize kitchen needs – timing, cooking, packaging;
- Meal planning, researching and experimenting with recipes;
- Motivating and encouraging staff during demanding service periods;
- Food ordering and rotation of stock;
- Ensuring proper amount of stock…ensure that nothing gets wasted;
- Recruiting, training and educating staff;
- Ensuring food is the right quality for the price;
- Ensure food safety – ensure cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen equipment;
- Ensure safety of kitchen personnel;
- In conjunction with Outreach Coordinator monitor the needs of the Frozen Meal; Program: quantity and choice/selection of meals;
- In conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator ensure manpower needs in the kitchen.
Required experience and skills:
- Work experience in a professional kitchen and/or formal cooking education
- Strong communication skills,
- Leadership and management,
- Ability to plan and organize own work and that of others,
- The ability to manage and control budget,
- High standard of cleanliness and hygiene,
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions,
- A creative interest in food and cookery,
- Stamina and ability to work in a hot and busy kitchen,
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected situations.
Hours: 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), 7 hours a day: 35 hours a week.
Salary: To be negotiated as per the chosen candidate’s experience.
The position has the possibility of becoming permanent, and needs to be filled immediately.
C.V.’s will be accepted until Monday November 21st, 2016
For more information or to apply please contact:
re presently looking for an Assistant Cook.