Under the supervision of the LIVE Centre Coordinator, the Assistant is responsible for carrying out a variety of outreach and administrative duties in addition to working in an advisory/coaching capacity with students who drop in to the LIVE Volunteer Resource Centre at Concordia University.
• 30 hours a week starting from late June 2017 (exact date to be confirmed) to June 2018
• Possibility of renewal
• Ensure a friendly, welcoming presence in the LIVE Centre. Engage with students and facilitate a discussion based on their needs, interests and goals. Advise on available opportunities and next steps to support them in connecting with appropriate volunteer opportunities. Refer to other university resources as appropriate.
• Help set up and maintain a database of volunteer opportunities. Outreach to community organizations to update and develop resources available in the Resource Centre.
• Assist in supervising student staff.
• Represent the LIVE Centre on campus at different events, outreach and tabling opportunities.
• Monitor the Centre’s email, responding to inquiries from students and community organizations in a timely manner.
• Assist with the organization of special events (Volunteer Fair, Volunteer Awards, group volunteering, etc.).
• Update the Centre’s website and social media accounts.
• Facilitate workshops, lead group activities.
• Implement various other projects as they arise.
• Demonstrate significant previous engagement in volunteerism and knowledge of the community sector.
• Previous experience in a supervisory role.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing), in English and French.
• Have excellent listening, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Be self-motivated, creative and flexible, with demonstrated initiative.
• Ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
• Previous experience doing outreach and working with the public.
• Previous experience working with and managing a database.
• Previous experience managing social media accounts.
• Previous experience organizing events
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills.
• Assets: Extended knowledge of Concordia University’s resources and student services, experience managing volunteers, database development skills
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 5pm on Thursday June 1st 2017.
Note: While we sincerely appreciate every show of interest, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.