This temporary role focuses on enabling community members to develop and share their cooking skills through our Meals-on-Wheels volunteering opportunities, workshops and other activities in the kitchen. They will also play a strong role in kitchen components of the Roulant’s social entrepreneurship initiatives. The chosen candidate will work in close collaboration with Kitchen Co-Managers who shares responsibility for the Meals-on-Wheels program, the staff members of the Kitchen Committee and the broader community.
• Managing volunteers a few days per week for the Meals-on-Wheels daily meal service
• Preparing food for special events (such as our annual fundraising Gala)
• Coordinate preparation and food conservation shifts where necessary
• Assist our meals on wheels team with other aspects of our daily
• Work on a wide range of connected and diverse tasks
• Experience with cooking for large numbers of people on a daily basis
• Comfort communicating in both English and French
• Experience and enthusiasm for working with volunteers from diverse backgrounds
• Experience in managing food service projects, with an interest in food preservation
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Passion for cooking and for using food to create social change and connection between people
• At ease with working under pressure while maintaining a supportive atmosphere for volunteers
This temporary position runs from September to February and pays $13.05 per hour and is connected to a work experience program through Emploi Québec requiring a certificate for participation. Please visit your nearest Emploi Québec Centre and mention your interest in job number: 593217- 1.
The deadline for applications is September 1st.
Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community and as such we prioritize these factors in our hiring process. To apply please visit the attached link and apply! Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we will unfortunately only be contacting candidates who are chosen for an interview. For additional details on this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 514 284-9335, or pass by our office.