The Montreal Holocaust Museum is a unique institution in terms of its mandate and reach in Canada. Through the permanent exhibition, and a multitude of educational, cultural and commemorative initiatives, it informs and sensitizes people of all ages and all backgrounds about the Holocaust, as well as contemporary human rights issues. The Museum seeks a full-time Assistant to the Executive Director.
The person hired will be responsible for organizational and administrative support to the Executive Director and organization. He or she will act as a liaison with the Board, work with several committees, and will support staff. He or she is the key assistant to the Executive Director.
• Event and project management for fundraising and donor-centered events and campaigns;
• Office work, logistics and coordination to support fundraising and program development work;
• Donor Perfect data base management,
• Preparation of correspondence, organization of internal file structure;
• Assistance in preparation of reports and grant requests;
• Logistics of external and internal meetings;
• Provision of exceptional customer service to the various publics served: Board of Directors, staff, donors, partner organizations and suppliers;
• Support to the Executive Director: screening and follow-up;
• Participation in meetings. Preparation of documentation, minute-taking and follow-up;
• Cultivation of relationships with donors;
• Management of and response to general inquiries to the organization;
• Support to other members of the staff team in terms of knowledge of computer software and related issues, provision of administrative services and logistics and event planning.
• Bilingual with excellent oral and written communications skills in both languages;
• Relevant education;
• Superior computer skills in Microsoft Office, and data base management. Familiarity with Donor Perfect and Adobe Creative Suite desirable;
• Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Enthusiastic. Eager to learn and take on projects;
• Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment; resourceful;
• Superior ability for team work;
• Marketing and public relations skills;
• Basic understanding of accounting;
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience;
• Knowledge of the Jewish community (an asset).
Please send your CV and a covering letter before September 20, 2018 to:
Only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in the Montreal Holocaust Museum.