Santropol Roulant uses food as a vehicle to break social and economic isolation between generations. Creatively and collaboratively, we strengthen and nourish our local community with our novel approaches to active community engagement, youth leadership, food security and social inclusion.
About the Position
Funded by Emploi Québec’s Expérience d’emploi program, the Volunteer Coordination Internship is an opportunity to bring the core values of Santropol Roulant to life; our volunteer coordination team is the principle point of interaction with our volunteer community who contribute greatly to making all volunteers feel welcome and appreciated. As the contract progresses, the volunteer program intern will have the opportunity to take on increased responsibilities, to participate in and contribute to Santropol Roulant’s organizational processes, including weekly staff meetings, special events, and working committees. Contact the Emploi Québec service in your neighbourhood, and mention your interest in the job number : 595847-1
- Develop enriching relationships with Roulant volunteers from different backgrounds and with different needs, and support volunteers in developing their leadership through their community engagement at the Roulant.
- Welcome volunteers to the Roulant before and after their volunteer shifts and respond to volunteer requests and concerns.
- Assist with scheduling and inscription for the volunteer program, and animate volunteer information sessions for new volunteers as needed.
- Assuring volunteer experience and quality of service for our meals-on-wheels clients.
- Participate in shared administrative tasks such as welcoming visitors to the building and answering phone calls.
- Participate in the collective management of Santropol Roulant during staff meetings and through participation in special committees and community engagement events.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working in a community organization committed to social inclusion
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Great inter-personal and team-work skills
- Comfortable speaking on the phone
- Great interest in food security and building social inclusion
- Interest in working with community members from different backgrounds and of different generations
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication in French and English
- Valid Quebec driver’s license is an asset
Please note that it is not required to have experience with our programme activities in order to apply.
This is a full-time 6-month position starting October 29th, 2018, with a weekly schedule running from Tuesday to Saturday and an hourly wage of $13,05 for 35 hours/week.
As an organization that works to break social and economic isolation and bring people together across social barriers, Santropol Roulant recognizes that people who experience structural oppression and marginalization have a lot to offer our community, and are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Our primary office space is step-free and has an accessible washroom, but our second floor and basement are not wheelchair accessible.
To apply, please submit your application by October 13th, 2018 at 9 am by clicking on the link below. You may drop off you resume in person, however please apply as well via our online portal. Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, we will unfortunately only be contacting candidates who are chosen for an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be contacted only if they are chosen for an interview.