Deadline to Apply: June 26, 2020
Cinema Politica is a non-profit exhibition and distribution network for independent political film and video made by Canadian and international artists working mostly in the documentary genre. Cinema Politica (CP) is seeking to hire a part-time Bookkeeper who will be responsible for the full accounting cycle of the organisation and will work closely with the CP Executive Director. This position is an ideal opportunity for a junior accountant who is interested in gaining experience in film distribution and non-profit accounting at a small media arts organization with a global reach that is committed to creatively and critically-minded community empowerment and social justice. Training and mentorship will be provided.
This is a part-time (7 hours per week) contract position with a possibility of renewal. Remuneration is between $20 and $25/hour and is commensurate to experience and qualifications. The selected candidate will start work in early July 2020. Details below.
• Responsible for the full accounting cycle
• Process all data, invoices and receipts and enter into Simply Accounting
• Manage accounts payable and receivable on a weekly basis
• Process payroll payments
• Process salary and wage deductions
• Manage and process quarterly GST/PST reports and payments
• Prepare T4 and RL1 forms
• Prepare data for financial reports to grant-funding organisations
• Prepare distribution and SVOD/VOD reports
• Assist the certified accountant in the preparation of the annual financial statements
• Respond to email inquiries
• Assist management with project-based initiatives as required
• Filing and general accounting administrative tasks as required
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Familiar with third party payroll
• Experience with Simply Accounting or similar accounting software
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel
• Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal & written French and English language
• Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
• Professional attitude and willingness to learn
• Dedicated to continuous improvement
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and as part of a team
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced distribution environment.
• Previous experience in film distribution or production
• Experience in arts / cultural organizations
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter (maximum one-page please) describing why you’d like to work with us, your CV highlighting your relevant experience, and the names and phone numbers of three references. Please submit both documents as PDF files to email@example.com
Cinema Politica is dedicated to diversity and employment equity, and as such we encourage applications from individuals from diverse, under-represented and marginalized communities. If you would like to be considered for employment equity, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Deadline to Apply: June 26, 2020. The position is set to begin by early July 2020.