Do you have café coordination and cooperative experience? Are you passionate about sustainable food systems that are regenerative socially, economically, and environmentally? The Hive Café Co-op is looking for a new Café Coordinator to coordinate the two café locations!
//////////INFORMATION ABOUT POSITION & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
– Application deadline is December 15, 2016
– Contract goes from January to May with possibility of renewal
– 35-40h a week
– 16$ an hour
– submit C.V and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CAFE COORDINATOR APPLICATION”.
////////// HIVE CAFE SOLIDARITY COOPERATIVE CAFE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Hive Cafe Solidarity Cooperative, is looking to hire a new coordinator to oversee the successful operation of the Hive Cafe Solidarity Cooperative at its downtown location and Loyola location.
-Coordinate the downtown and Loyola barista teams by facilitating consultative making, where and if possible, within a horizontal team dynamic, for example this could include:
– Hiring, and coordination of schedules for both teams in collaboration with Worker-Members
– Coordination of Worker-Members meetings
– Support for worker members at both location
– Spending a minimum of 10 hours a week at Loyola
– Oversees logistical set-up, including equipment purchasing, on-going construction processes, and infrastructure development in collaboration with the Board of Directors and other coordinators when applicable.
– Liaise with Facilities and Maintenance department when work orders are needed.
– Use existing policy to oversees human resources, including recruitment, hiring, training, providing feedback performance, and ongoing development as well as keeps operations manual up to date.
– Solidifies the café’s supply chain, purchases necessary merchandise, and tracking of inventory.
-Ensure that cafes are stocked with adequate inventory while managing food purchases so that waste is minimized.
– Regular ordering, stocking and transparent documentation
– Coordination of monthly inventory for both cafe locations
– Track Worker-Members timesheets and hours, and submit to Finance/Administrative Coordinator in a timely manner
– Counting of tips for baristas and distribution
– Attends the cooperative’s Board meetings when necessary on a rotational basis with other coordinators to present information and represent coordinator concerns
– Prepares and does weekly bank deposits for both locations, and records in transparent fashion
– Records daily debit sales, and tracks monthly cafe sales
– Leads the day-to-day operations through hands-on personal involvement.
– Works in collaboration with the Coordinator team to effectively and efficiently coordinate the Hive cooperative
– Provides input and implements strategies to effectively manage productivity, labour, food and beverage costing and pricing, food quality, food safety, restaurant safety standards and guidelines, and sustainable waste reduction and management.
– Ensures staff and volunteers maintain the premises (kitchen, dining area, and bathroom) clean and inspection-ready.
– Shares expertise, mentors others, and fosters a climate of experiential learning, growth, and improvement, as well as ongoing personal and collective development.
– Continues their own education/training as required to develop and acquire new skills in leadership, hospitality, and food issues.
– Chairs the Marketing and Engagement Committee, as needed
Implements promotional initiatives.
– Engages in community awareness initiatives and outreach as required; encourages and promotes community involvement; interacts with cooperative members to regularly assess and evaluate the degree of community satisfaction; recommends and implements new initiatives to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves any possible food quality or service complaints.
– Ensures that POS machine is working properly and acts as a liaison with supplier and technical support when needed.
– Upholds and promotes the social, environmental, and economic sustainability of the café as outlined in the cooperative’s constitution.
– Ensures the financial viability of the Hive Cafe and work in collaboration with the Board of Directors to ensure its financial sustainability.
– A love of food, a passion for food sovereignty, and a firm belief in the importance of sustainability
– Excellent interpersonal skills; communication and listening skills
2 years of related experience in restaurant or café management
– Knowledge of health and safety regulations, as well as safe food handling and compliance including -MAPAQ certification
– Familiarity with the cooperative business model.
– Ability to function in a horizontal environment.
– Ability to balance effective leadership skills with power-sharing abilities in a communal decision-making cooperative structure and empower all workers.
– Ability to inspire worker motivation, commitment, and effectiveness with progressive workplace practices that foster teamwork, open communication, respect, equality, safety, and helpfulness
– Strong organization skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize workload, and multitasking
– Financial competence including a clear understanding of margins, pricing and inventory management/controls techniques
– Ethical conduct and responsibility — sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest integrity, ethics, and professionalism
– Technologically proficient in basic computer skills.
– Degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in Food and Beverage/Hospitality Management
– Previous experience in a cooperative structure