Call for Submissions
Three pop-up exhibitions, each showcasing a different group of artists, will take place in three different Montreal neighborhoods: Saturday August 10th, 17th & 24th; in the Plateau, Old Port & Verdun. The exhibitions will be preceded by a mandatory training session on pop-up logistics (Monday, July 15th), and an optional training session on making sales (Monday, July 22nd). Both training sessions can be attended in person or online.What is a Pop-Up?
Pop-up exhibitions emerged in the last decade out of a need for increased accessibility to art and art spaces, all with a Do-It-Yourself philosophy. A pop-up is a short-term, non-traditional exhibition, held in a temporary and often alternative location, and can take on many forms.
Why would I want to participate in a Pop-Up?
Generally, pop-ups seek to help artists:
- reach new audiences
- engage with existing networks in an innovative way
- test a new product
- get a better understanding of their audience and clients
- generate sales
YES is a not-for-profit organization that provides English-language support services to help artists, entrepreneurs and job seekers succeed in Quebec. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds (such as people of colour, aboriginal people, persons living with disabilities, members of the LGBTQAI+ communities, and other cultural communities) to apply and take this opportunity to highlight diversity in their application.
How Can I Apply?
- If you are an emerging artist with less than 5 years of professional experience as an artist, read the submission guidelines for important information including the full eligibility criteria.
- Fill out the registration form
- Visit www.wetransfer.com and upload examples of your work
- Make sure to title each file consistently as such: Full Name_Title of work_2019.
- Send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone who applies will receive a response, regardless of whether or not they are selected
- Deadline to apply is Sunday June 16, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM.
Saturday, August 10: WIP. 3487 St Laurent Blvd, Montreal, QC H2Y 3T6
Saturday, August 17: Café Des Arts, 350 St Paul St E, Montreal, QC H2Y 1H4
Saturday, August 24: Church of the Epiphany, 4322 Wellington St., Verdun, QC H4G 1W4If you participated in the 2018 edition of What the Pop!, we encourage you to re-submit your application for the 2019 edition.
Our goal is to offer support to artists as they learn to monetize their art, build their artistic CV and make connections.
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the series or the application process.
For more information, please contact Mariana Stabilé email@example.com 514-878-9788 ext. 316.