Residences located in the Shaughnessy Village area for individuals who have struggled with homelessness, mental health issues, addictions and PTSD. We provide assistance and support, in a nurturing environment, offering programs and services that are adaptable to each individual with the focus on empowerment and cooperation.
Description of Position:
Nazareth Community is looking for a case worker worker who is able to take initiatives, work autonomously and in a team. We are looking for someone who can respond appropriately during a crisis intervention and work with a vulnerable community. We are also looking for someone who has a good understanding of community resources in the greater Montreal. Worker must be able to verbally communicate in French and English.
A valid Quebec driver’s license is required
Tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluate the needs and social function of the resident.
- Provide active listening and support to residents.
- Supervise residents. Ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Contribute and participate in organized group activities provided at Anne’s House.
- Maintain and contribute to active and professional resident records and counselling notes.
Number of Hours: approx. 28 hours (includes weekend shifts)
Hourly wage: To be discussed
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of employment in social services.
Education Requirement: Completion of collegial DEC and or university
Start date: January 2018
Applications can be made by sending an email with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae. Interviews are currently taking place. Only the candidates that are considered will be contacted for an interview.