Midnight Kitchen General Staff Member [$17.08/hr, 18 hours/week May- August, 20hr/week September-May, with the possibility for increase]
All collective members (staff included) decide the vision of the organization and how to put this mission into practice at weekly collective meetings. Staff members (as well as collective members) will be required to divide tasks amongst themselves at these meetings and throughout the year. Tasks generally fall under portfolios that rotate among staff every four months. These portfolios include coordination of finance, administration, and volunteer coordination, as well as food bank coordination, garden coordination (during the summer months), and meal pick-up coordination. All tasks that fall outside of these portfolios are negotiated at collective meetings.
Weekly recurring tasks include but are not limited to: maintaining a clean, vegan, and nut-free kitchen that meets hygiene standards at all times, recruiting and coordinating volunteers, coordinating solidarity servings during the year, coordinating food purchasing, and coordinating educational opportunities such as workshops and skillshares.
During the summer, the new staff will be helping with our food bank, weekly solidarity servings, and garden.
- Experience cooking in and cleaning a commercial kitchen
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Previous or current involvement in grassroots organizing
- Ability to work closely with others
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Ability / willingness to actively cultivate an anti-oppressive workplace
- Ability / willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Punctual, responsible, and dependable
More information about the job & our hiring practices is available on our website: https://midnightkitchen.org/were-hiring-spring-2019