Geordie Theatre is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the position of Communications and Marketing Manager.
Geordie is a not-for-profit company and is Quebec’s leading English-language theatre for young audiences that entertains, provokes thought, and fires up the imagination since 1980. We celebrate the art of theatre and its impact by working with emerging and established professional artists from various disciplines and cultural backgrounds to create works that are relevant and enchanting; inspiring dialogue between communities, children and parents as well as teachers and students of all ages. We continue to build relationships with and extend our audience through inclusive and accessible practices in Montreal, as well as remote communities in Quebec and abroad.
For more information, please visit: www.geordie.ca
Philosophy of Inclusion
Diverse cultural and marginalized communities are considered an equal priority to encourage access to Geordie by all.
Summary of Position
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for initiating, planning, organizing and administrating all audience, community and corporate sponsor- and client-related affairs, being the primary contact in all such negotiations. Working with Geordie’s Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Creating systems and processes for the Marketing & Communication department to run smoothly and efficiently, with reasonable timelines, and deliverables met
- Planning, coordinating and carrying out marketing, communications and promotional initiatives.
- Proposing, designing, planning and executing annual marketing and communications plans for, as applicable, single productions, tours, season launch and Geordie Theatre School with the general goals of expanding markets, increasing visibility and audience reach.
- Spearheading campaigns to help expand our current market through new initiatives.
- Managing expense budgets for all marketing and communications.
- Collaborating with the graphic designers, web designers, etc. in the creation of promotional materials, including, but not limited to the season brochures, posters, bookmarks, print ads, radio/tv promos, e-newsletters and web content.
- Undertaking the realization of some promotional materials.
- Undertaking the upkeep and updating of the Geordie website.
- Writing and diffusing press releases, overseeing media calls and photo shoots.
- Soliciting media sponsors and coordinating with current sponsors.
- Using online tools to continue researching and identifying new ’best prospect’ potential new funders.
- Continue our focus on “gift-in-kind” donations and corporate sponsorships.
- Create the proposals for corporate “asks” and provide further information to them as requested.
- Follow-through with visibility strategies laid out by returning and new sponsors and donors.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and French (reading, writing, oral), be comfortable with graphic software (Adobe, Photoshop), be a dynamic contributor to the Geordie family, and appreciate a hard-working and fast-paced environment.
For submissions, please include:
- A letter of interest
- Resumé (including two references)
- Any additional and pertinent portfolio information
- Email to Managing Director, Kathryn Westoll firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Part-time (30 hrs/week)
Salary: $30 k/year
Start date: August 1, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.