The Table de Concertation Jeunesse NDG is a coalition of more than 20 NDG organizations and institutions that aims to strengthen cohesion between organizations and improve the quality of life of young people aged 6 to 30 and their families. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Coordinating Committee and will be responsible for the following tasks:
– Facilitate and prepare the meetings of the Table and its committees.
– Stimulate member engagement and participation.
– Support reflections and mobilize members around youth issues.
– Foster partnerships and the maintenance of collaborative relationships between partners.
– Propose tools and processes that ensure the implementation and follow up of actions. Ensure these methods are unifying for the community.
– Produce a portrait of NDG’s youth and a strategic plan: conduct focus groups and a questionnaire, compile statistical and qualitative data, write a portrait of youth needs, prioritize youth issues, engage in a strategic plan.
– Ensure the financial and administrative management of the table: Manage funding programs, ensure the creation of funding agreements with organizations, budget monitoring, grant applications, reports, ensure a balanced budget, etc.
– Manage some human resources: supervise and evaluate employees.
– Represent the Table on other local or regional committees.
– Assume all other related tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Relevant university degree and experience in management/coordination in community or mobilizing context.
– leadership skills: listening skills, political skills, organizational skills, ability to mobilize, etc.
– Bilingual French and English: excellent oral and written communication in both languages
– Knowledge of community organizations and poverty issues
Start date: end of January 2020
– Replacement of a one-year maternity leave
– 35 hours per week (possibility of working 28 hours if desired and hirer a consultant to help produce the youth portrait)
– Salary: According to the CJE-NDG salary range (base level at $19.38) Possibility of recognition of experience.
– Employee benefits: Collective insurance, RRSP contribution, 50% of STM monthly pass and cellular expenses, possibility of working from home occasionally, flexibility in scheduling, 20 vacations days and 13 personal days.
To apply please fill out the form at the following web page no later than Monday, January 6th. https://form.jotform.com/93375343355259 Please attach your cover letter and your resume. The selection interview will take place the week of January 13th, 2020.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.