Project Genesis, a community organization rooted in the very diverse neighbourhood of Côte-des-Neiges is looking for a for Coordinator of Operations and Human Resources, a two-year full-time contract (5 days a week at 35 hrs/wk).
Reporting to the Executive Director, and in close collaboration with her/him, the main areas of responsibilities of the role are:
– the coordination of operations (programs, services, activities)
– the coordination and direct support to staff and teams (human resources)
– as well as: support on the organization’s community life, in particular the participation of members, support on external representation; and support on partnerships and alliances.
Tasks of the role include, for example:
- Oversee the overall operation and management of programs and services
- Ensure the evaluation and planning of programs and services, and doing this with staff team input and collaboration
- Provide leadership in the development of programs and services to meet the needs of the community, coherent with the organization’s mission and history
- Put in place effective practices for ensuring staff development and accountability
- Integrate, including with supervision, new staff members to their roles and the organization
- Conduct probations, and evaluations for the professional development, of staff members
- Promote teamwork and unity.
Experience, skills, and qualifications brought to the role include:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of tasks directly related to the role, or having significantly contributed to its tasks
- Very good capacity, efficiency, and experience related to human resource management
- Demonstrated capacity and skills in preventing and resolving conflicts, and in planning and managing programs and teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term, clear, and respectful relationships with colleagues
- Significant work experience for social rights with diverse communities
- Ability to carry out various mandates simultaneously
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
People of racialized communities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify. The hourly rate is between $27 and $30 according to relevant experience. There are four weeks of vacation a year, as well as various paid holidays. A cover letter, including mention of the position, with C.V. will be accepted by email to email@example.com until Monday, March 1, 2021. We appreciate all applications; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.