WHERE WILL I WORK?
Our sector operates several family and youth programs both within Quebec and across Canada. Through its faith in every youth’s potential, the School Perseverance Sector has firmly positioned itself as a leader in the field of youth academic achievement. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain professional experience relevant to helping and educational professions, while working in a lively work environment that promotes autonomy and innovation.
The Pathways to Education program is designed for youth in low-income communities, and provides the resources and support needed to graduate from high school and build the foundation for a successful future. Using the pathways program pillars, we foster a love of learning in our youth, and strive to give them the tools to succeed in whatever path they choose. Our approach is youth centered, collaborative, and motivational. It is our great pleasure to deliver exemplary programming and to offer supportive and safe spaces, while fighting to increase the overall wellbeing of youth in this community.
• Lead and support a team of 5 intervention workers
• Guide intervention workers in creating individual plans and setting objectives with youth, individual supervision of cases
• Support intervention workers in incorporating interventions with the other pillars of the pathways program; tutoring and mentoring
• Help ensure the success of the Pathways to Education program in Pointe-Saint-Charles and see that the activities and initiatives reflect the program’s priorities, a coherence of approach, and its mission.
• Co-manage the program’s database (with technical support) and support ongoing training of intervention team
• Manage recruitment strategies and registration processes for incoming students
• Maintain strong relationships with our partner schools to ensure that our staff and programming is welcome
• Adhere to the YMCA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
• Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in his post and in the Association and participate in activities / fundraising events.
• Has a university degree in social work, project management or a related field or a college certificate with relevant work experience.
• Has at least 3 years of experience as a coordinator.
• Has youth work/intervention experience.
• Has experience managing employees and/or volunteers.
• Has experience with partnerships and/or community groups.
• Is able to work flexible hours.
• Is proficient in both written and verbal French and English.
• Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
Salary of $40,100-$53,400 depending on experience of candidate