Background: Advancement of Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) is a project aiming to support women of all ages in companies by improving systems and institutional practices to advance inclusivity and leadership for women in the STEM industry. The Consultant with guidance from the Advisory Committee and STEM Project Coordinator will develop a Community Forum bringing together local stakeholders for a dynamic discussion on key themes effecting women in the STEM workplace.
Key Elements of the Work:
• Develop content, facilitate and evaluate a one-day forum with 40 key stakeholders by early December 2017 to identify priority areas and solutions for local companies to adopt and promote inclusivity and leadership opportunities for women in STEM.
• Review institutional practices in the STEM industry through reviewing YES materials and other publications on the topic of advancing gender equality for women in STEM (including barriers and opportunities and systemic change models)
• Consult with three local STEM companies to review current initiatives supporting women and areas for their progress.
• Compile all the information generated at the Forum into a report that lists the key priorities, and solutions. Develop strategic recommendations and a series of action steps for local companies to adopt.
• Work with the Project Coordinator on the logistics for the event.
Knowledge, Skills, Experiences and Abilities:
• Ability to coordinate, motivate and facilitate public participation in community processes
• Collaborative and energetic communication style that supports individual and group participation
• Consensus building, critical thinking and problem-solving skills including the ability to facilitate a respectful, healthy dialogue that builds on ideas/thoughts
• Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills, including proficiency in digital engagement for communication
• Familiarization with women issues and STEM industries
• A degree in the area of human intervention, business, management or a related field.
The proposal should include:
• A profile that includes experience in event planning and facilitation and evidence of required knowledge, skills and ability
• Short description of process/timeline that would be used to plan forums
• Quote for fee; 1) cost for the forum planning, 2) cost to organize and facilitate the forum and 3) cost to create the final report with recommendations.
• Two references from other clients
Applications and letter of intent must be received no later than: 5:00 pm on September 18th, 2017
Applications should be received in word format or as a PDF.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.