Job Posting: Director, Bread Basket Lac St. Louis
Corbeille de Pain/Bread Basket Lac-St-Louis is a not for profit organization serving the southern part of the West Island community of Montreal, providing food security programs for those in need. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director will have responsibility for staff, programs, expansion and execution of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Program Development and Administration
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy, and makes consistent and timely progress to achieve its mission.
- Manage the Annual General Meeting process.
- Provide leadership in developing programs and organizational and financial plans, with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with required regulations.
See that the Board of Directors is kept fully informed regarding the organization’s status.
Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations and the general public.
1. Be responsible for the recruitment, training, and management of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
2. Responsible for supervising students on internship with Bread Basket, including the workshop program and all other assigned tasks.
3. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are conducted and sound human resource practices are in place.
4. See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
5. Encourage staff and volunteer development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
6. Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps and motivates qualified staff and volunteers.
Budget and Finance
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Oversee payroll and ensure proper daily financial operations.
- Seek and apply to new funding opportunities and financial partners to grow the organization.
- Ensuring annual and project reports, and general budget reconciliation, are made and submitted to funders by deadline dates.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee and the Board in preparing a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- University degree in a field such as Global Food Security, Dietetics, Psychology, Community Development or Business preferred
- 3-5 years management experience
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, including fundraising and grant strategy
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of food security and familiarity with the West Island of Montreal, an asset
- Experience in leading an outcomes-based organization, staff and volunteers
- Past experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Marketing, public relations and fundraising experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and multi-disciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
20 hours per week with possibility of more hours according to grants; schedule to be determined (flexible)
Some evening and/or weekend work for community events, meetings, fundraisers
Access to a car is important
Start date: As soon as possible
This is a permanent, part time employment, subject to securing ongoing funding.
Please submit a letter of intent with CV to email@example.com, by December 22nd 2017. Please indicate “Director Position” in the subject line of your email. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.