The Director of Global Programs is responsible for the operational success and performance measurement of CAM’s international work and for executing organizational strategies to achieve the goals and objectives of CAM’s Global Program. The Director will liaise with appropriate staff, members, funders, stakeholders and partners in the strategic implementation and evaluation of CAM’s Global Program. In addition, the Director of Global Programs will play an important role in developing new partnerships and programming for the long-term sustainability of CAM Global work.
In addition to advising on policy and recommending solutions to address emerging trends and issues, the Director will oversee and monitor all aspects of CAM’s global work including seamless program planning and delivery, partnership building, team management, budgets, and program monitoring and evaluation.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- University degree (minimally a Bachelor, ideally a Masters) in international development, public administration, business or other related discipline.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience working in international development with ideally 3 of those years working overseas.
- Advanced knowledge of results-based management tools and approaches, and experience with integration of program learning, and ability to feed into logic models as they are being developed.
- Expert knowledge of program management and program management development strategies.
- Experience meeting and consulting with local and international stakeholders, developing strategies and providing analysis on complex issues.
- Highly advanced conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate with individuals across the organization and in multi-cultural environments.
- Experience managing and/or coordinating a project team.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Advanced writing skills with the ability to contribute to proposals, and develop reports, policies and manuals.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently and utilize strong decision-making skills.
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while producing high quality work.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time in hardship locations.
- Bilingual English and French a strong asset. Additional Assets
- Demonstrated experience working in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health initiatives.
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area, including gender equality, gender-based violence, reproductive rights.
- Strong links with international, regional and national networks on gender equality and women’s rights.
Working Conditions & Location
- Work done from CAM’s head office in Montréal, Québec.
- Must be available to travel internationally as required.
- Full-time Position.
Please follow these instructions:
- To apply, you must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Send your CV and a cover letter in one PDF document and ensure that your first and last names and “Director-Global” are included in the file name.
- Send your PDF by email ONLY with the subject “Director, Global Program Application” to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is 5 pm Eastern Time on April 2nd, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.