6 months / Emploi Québec / Wage subsidy measure
About The Depot
Founded in 1986, the Depot is a community-based non-profit organization that works collaboratively with its community to address the root causes of hunger and poverty in NDG and the surrounding areas in a manner that ensures dignity, community engagement and the development of human potential. At the NDG Food Depot, we offer programming to support the food security and healthy eating habits of youth, families and individuals. These activities include community meals, kitchen workshops, after-school programs, gardens and farmer’s markets.
Under the supervision of the Food Sourcing and Distribution Manager and with the assistance of volunteers, the Distribution Assistant will support the department’s coordination, operations, general maintenance, and ensure a smooth food distribution process.
We are currently looking to hire a reliable and energetic Distribution Assistant to maintain our inventory, donations and trucks, and to oversee volunteers. This is both a manual and operations position which requires a calm demeanor, strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, good judgement, organisational skills, and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
● Help to lead, train and motivate groups of participants, volunteers and social insertion program participants
● Ensure proper maintenance of our inventories
● Support the smooth operations of our food distribution service
● Support and distribute tasks to participants and volunteers
● Manage donations and regular stock rotation
● Oversee and support food distribution set up and service
● Support the maintenance of our trucks
● Assist the team in loading and unloading trucks
● Assist in the general maintenance of our building
Specific skills and experience required:
● Able to work independently and as part of a team in a diverse community environment
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Comfortable leading a team
● Driver’s license and comfort driving a 12-foot truck
● Communication skills in French and English
● Proficient with the Office suite
● Capable of prioritizing and carrying out multiple tasks
● Able to work with a minimum of supervision, and to maintain smooth operations within the department when the manager is absent
● Comfortable lifting loads of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
● Passionate about “good food for all”
● Resident of N.D.G.
● Salary: 15.50 $ / hour
● 35 hours / week
● Must meet Emploi Québec’s conditions for a Wage Subsidy Measure
● Start date: October 2019
● Application deadline: September 15 2019
To apply, please email the following documents to Marguerite Kinfack at email@example.com :
– a cover letter and your CV in a single document (word or pdf. format)
– a letter of eligibility for the Wage Subsidy from Emploi Québec
Applications will be read as they are received, so we recommend that candidates submit as early as possible. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
TIPS FOR APPLYING! In your cover letter, we want to hear:
● Who you are and what your background is. The Depot is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages applicants from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
● What you like about the Depot and why you want to work in this job. We want to make sure you understand our mission and our values. Tell us why you think this job is interesting and important.
● What your experience is. Have you worked in similar jobs or have you volunteered in similar programs before? Tell us what skills that you gained and how your experience would help you in this job. If there’s experience you don’t have, be honest and tell us how you hope to grow and learn.
● Be yourself! We want to hear your voice and enthusiasm!
Questions about the job or the application process?
Please contact Marguerite at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-483-4680 x219