YES, a non-profit community organization providing English-language employment and self-employment services is expanding and hiring.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
YES is looking for a candidate with a passion for individual employment counselling and career development. He or she will enjoy facilitating group workshops, and will be an advocate of YES within the community through participation at community events and activities related to employment.
• Provide one-on-one employment counselling and give information on all aspects related to employment search and career planning both on line and in person.
• Assess and guide clients with job search strategies; interview preparation, C.V. and Cover Letter writing, LinkedIn, Self-Assessment, conduct Québec labour market research and coordinate special projects and events.
• Develop content and facilitate prescheduled career workshops, attend tradeshows, community, businesses and government outreach and all other duties relating to job search.
• Offer a supportive and motivational approach to career planning and employment counselling.
• Build and foster relationships with all stakeholders; community, business, government and educational.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Relations, Human Resources specifically Human Resource Development (HRD).
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in facilitation and training of job search skills and career development methods/strategies in group and individual settings.
• Autonomous, highly organized with excellent English writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to assess and recognize the needs of clients in the areas of career planning and development, job readiness skills, planning and identifying barriers to employment.
• Strong administrative skills and must possess solid knowledge of MS Office, CRM, Smartboard, Outlook.
• Able to multitask, manage competing priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Must be available to work occasional evenings for pre-scheduled workshops and YES events and must be willing to travel to outlying community regions.
• Must have excellent English writing and editing skills
• Working knowledge of French