This position is funded by Service Canada through Canada Summer Jobs. To qualify, candidates must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age;
• have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
• be legally entitled to work in Canada, according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
The English-Language Arts Network is a non-profit organization devoted to helping Quebec’s English-language artists make connections with one another, with their francophone colleagues and with their audiences in Quebec, Canada and internationally.
Over the past two years, ELAN has established promising partnerships in the community and education sectors. The Events and Community Outreach Assistant will help build on promising partnerships such as these by assisting in developing a workshop and information sessions for emerging artists as well as other events and resources that strengthen the vitality and capacity of the official language minority.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with ELAN’s Program Coordinator to develop a workshop and information sessions for emerging artists and graduating students. Attend and document meetings with artists and workshop/session leaders, identify sources of funding and support, and develop resources and activities.
2. Collaborate with Program Coordinator to plan, promote, and market ELAN events, including our bimonthly networking events and Annual General Meeting (August 2015), through ELAN’s digital communications channels (email newsletter, social media).
3. Conduct outreach at McGill and Concordia in preparation for the 2015-16 school year.
4. Assist ELAN staff in pursuing collaborations with partner organizations. Assist ELAN staff in planning and promoting co-presented events.
5. Research the needs of the official language minority community and recommend ways for ELAN and its partners to meet those needs.
The Assistant will also collaborate with ELAN staff on ongoing marketing and membership outreach campaigns, through digital communications (social media, website, email) and other channels. Research, writing, and communication through email, by phone, in person, and online will be involved.
o Candidate should be pursuing a post-secondary university, CEGEP or college degree in arts and cultural management, arts administration, general or fine arts, social sciences, communications, marketing, or business.
o Intermediate to excellent oral and written English and a working knowledge of French.
o Good organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
o Intermediate computer, word processing, and email skills.
o Familiarity with social media, database programs, and Excel. Experience with digital marketing and digital communications will be considered an advantage.
o Solid interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
o Strong written communication.
o Ability to work well within a team and independently.
o Attention to detail.
o Knowledge of or proven interest in arts and culture or Quebec communities will be an asset.
How to Apply
DEADLINE: Friday, April 24, 2015
Email your CV and a cover letter in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ELAN is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal peoples).