The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is looking for an experienced events professional to assist with the planning and implementation of activities in association with the Strengthening Midwifery Services in South Sudan (SMS) Project, including national film screenings, the association’s annual conference and other events.
Position: Events Coordinator
Position Type: Contract, part-time
Location: Montreal, QC (Head Office) Requires availability to travel to Halifax, NS for the annual CAM Conference from October 21- 25, 2019 and the possibility of travel to various other cities in Canada for film screenings and other events.
Duration: 8 months Report to: Member Services and Events Manager
- Contribute to development of film screening strategy including locations and outreach.
- Research venues and film festivals for screening locations.
- Submit applications to festivals for screenings.
- Liaise with venues for room requirements, food and beverage, shipping and handling of materials and order supplies and audiovisual equipment according to budgets.
- Conduct outreach to local organizations and audiences to attend screenings and events.
- Create invitations and maintain RSVP lists.
- Assist with production and distribution of promotional materials.
- Assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers.
- Coordinate on-site logistics and liaise with volunteers, partners and staff.
- Assist with website and mobile app updates.
- Coordinate exhibits, including materials, volunteers, shipping and logistics.
- Assist with travel logistics for speakers, guests and staff.
- Prepare and distribute surveys, evaluations and reports as required.
- Assist on other related projects as requested.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Experience planning and coordinating events (minimum 2 years’ experience in event planning or degree in relevant field).
- Experience coordinating with hotels, theatres, or similar venues.
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English including writing, proof reading, and speaking. Priority will be given to candidates with excellent French language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to accomplish projects with tight deadlines.
- Stress Management skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Working Conditions: Eight-month contract, approximately 21hrs per week starting in May with ability to work up to 28hrs per week as required. Requires availability to travel to Halifax, NS for the annual CAM Conference from October 21-25, 2019 as well as possible travel to various other cities in Canada for film screenings. No equipment (computer, telephone, etc.) will be provided. When travel is necessary, expenses will be paid by CAM.
Application Instructions: Send your CV and a cover letter with your interest in one PDF document and ensure that your name and the title “Events Coordinator” are included in the file name.
➢ Send your PDF by email with the subject “Events Coordinator” to Jill DeWeese-Frank, Member Services and Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
➢ Deadline for applications is April 19, 2019 at 5pm EDT. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About CAM: The Canadian Association of Midwives (CAM) is the national organization representing midwives and the profession of midwifery in Canada. CAM supports the National Aboriginal Council of Midwives (NACM) as the voice of Aboriginal midwifery. The mission of CAM is to provide leadership and advocacy for midwifery throughout Canada as an autonomous, self-regulated, publicly funded and vital part of primary maternal and newborn care. CAM promotes the development of the profession in the public interest and contributes the midwifery perspective to the national health policy agenda.