The West Island Women’s Centre, a Centraide-supported agency located in Pointe-Claire, has an opening for an events coordinator. The events coordinator helps to organize the special events, including fundraisers, held by the West Island Women’s Centre. Events include get-togethers for members; celebrations for the community; and the silent auction fundraiser.
• Plan and coordinate all Women’s Centre special events
• Provide input and ideas for new events and new fundraising opportunities
• Recruit and coordinate volunteers from within our membership to help at events
• Use databases to manage guest lists and donations
• Help recruit potential donors and nurture existing donor relationships
• Create and manage documentation
• Assist with publicity and promotion
• Monitor budgets
• Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
The ideal candidate for this 12 hr/week position
will have the following skills and experience:
• Team player with excellent people skills
• Self-starter; able to work independently
• Strong organizational skills; meticulous/detail-oriented
• Experience in event planning
• Computer skills (Microsoft ACCESS, EXCEL, WORD); knowledge of WordPress would be an asset
• Flexible schedule
• Familiarity with non-profit organizations and the Women’s Centre in particular would be an asset, though not a requirement
E-mail or Mail your C.V.
E-mail: email@example.com; Mailing Address: P.O. Box 521 ~ Pointe-Claire, QC ~ H9R 4S6
We thank you for your application. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.