Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall maintenance and functioning of the organization, in accordance with its Mission
DESTA is a not-for-profit community-based organization serving marginalized youth, aged 18 to 35 in the Greater Montreal area. Our mission is to mentor these youth in the areas of education, health, personal development, and employment. Through our programmes and services, DESTA aims to empower, strengthen authentic identity, and promote excellence in marginalized youth. DESTA is a Canadian registered charity.
The Executive Director will have a thorough understanding of and compassion for the
challenges our participants face, which DESTA addresses through its four pillars:
1.Education, 2.Health, Wellness and Personal Growth, 3.Justice, and 4.Employability and Entrepreneurial Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and its committees to achieve
DESTA’s goals and mission”
● Understand and assess the needs of marginalized populations within the immediate community of Little Burgundy and the greater Montreal area
● Develop and maintain relationships with various organizations, institutions, and round tables to ensure synergies that meet the needs of the youth.
● Work collaboratively with the Board and its Committees to secure continued funding for DESTA from government funders (provincial and federal) or other similar institutions to ensure that DESTA is sustainable
● Manage the fiscal budget and prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
● Prepare precise monthly reports for the Board of Directors for their action and awareness
● Work collaboratively with the “DESTA Team” to achieve overall goals and maximize resources
● Support, evaluate, recommend training for all staff and volunteers
● Maintain all material, equipment and supplies of the programmes
● Together with the HR Committee recruit, interview, integrate, and supervise staff and volunteers
● Develop and implement timely and meaningful communications to participants, community, supporters and funders of DESTA.
● Identify and secure resources needed to implement unique programs, events, projects
● Develop evidence-based evaluation of staff for reporting purposes
● Plan & oversee strategic planning process; periodic assessment; or skills training of staff
● Assist staff in developing efficient record keeping (on-line, paper documents)
● Assist Desta Team in marketing and promotion efforts
● Ensure the DESTA website and social media platform are maintained
● Understanding of and compassion for DESTA’s target demographic of marginalized youth
● Proven track record in a leadership role in similar charitable organizations
● Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to network and create partnerships
● Significant fundraising experience
● Team player
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills
● Extensive knowledge and experience in the management of a not-for-profit, community-based charitable organization.
● Minimum 10 years experience in community/organizational development and management and in particular to the clients DESTA serves
● Degree in Social Work
● Sound Experience with conflict management, and counseling techniques
● Knowledge and sensitivity towards issues concerning diverse ethno-cultural, radicalized and marginalized communities
● Bilingual oral and written – English and French
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.