Are you passionate about ensuring arts & culture are accessible to youth?
Do you embody the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and want to contribute creative ways to pass them on to the next generation?
Do you have experience working in community organization or the not-for-profit sector and understand the importance of fundraising?
Overture with the Arts is looking for a dynamic community leader to join the team as Executive Director (ED)!
This is an all-hands-on deck role. If you are a self-starter who is looking to make a difference in the lives of youth, this could be the role for you.
The salary range for this position will vary between $50,000 – $60,000 per annum based on the successful candidate’s profile
The ED is responsible for the operations, development, and implementation of Overture With The Arts programs (OWTA), educational endeavors, events and services to the community so as to meet strategic objectives.
The ED is the face of OWTA and will work closely with the Board of Directors, staff, government officials, sponsors and the public.
Leadership and Management – Provide the necessary leadership and direction to establish and accomplish goals that will help ensure that access to the performing arts remain accessible to all.
Program Planning & Management – Ensure ongoing programming excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
Operations Planning & Management – Ensure that the organization’s human and financial resources are optimally allocated, managed and meets the expectations of the Board of Directors, and the interest of funders.
Communications & Fundraising – Develop and implement an annual communications plan to advance issues of priority for the organization.
Ideal Profile Being Sought
● At least 4 – 5 years leadership position in organizational or departmental management at an arts or not-for-profit organization
● Post-secondary degree in arts management, community development or related field
● Broad familiarity and knowledge of the arts in general and community arts sector in particular
● Embodiment of the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
● Proven grant writing skills and fundraising experience
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
● Strong marketing, public relations, and experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
● Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
● Excellent mastery of English and French
Overture with the Arts (OWTA) is a non-profit organization based in Montreal, offering education in music, dance, drama and vocal training. Our free and low-cost programs enable young people to pursue their passion in the performing arts when they wouldn’t otherwise have the finances to afford classes. OWTA helps kids find a creative outlet for self-expression and builds confidence and poise. Since 2009 approximately 65,000 youth have benefitted from our after-school programs and school tours. Find out more about us at http://owta.org/.