Hive Cafe External Coordinator
Wage: $17.00 / hour
Duration: 5 month contract
July 1 – August 15: 8 – 10 hrs / week (may incur additional hours)
August 15 – December 20: 15-20 hrs / week (may incur additional hours)
How to Apply:
Deadline to apply: June 15, by 5pm
Interview Dates: June 17, 18, 19
Start Date: July 1 (training) 2019
To apply, please fill out this google form:
Any issues with the form, please email your application with a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- Cultivate and maintain communications with clients (users) and partners
- Coordinate and manage email, forms and Google Calendar for events/catering.
- Collaborate and liaise on behalf of clients (users) with other coordinators re:
- Payroll and invoicing
- Catering orders and delivery
- Event requests and equipment
- Marketing and Engagement
- Menu development
- Liaise with the Concordia Student Union, Security, Hospitality, and Environmental Health and Safety.
- Ensure that all applicable Concordia University and Hive hospitality and event policies are followed (including insurance).
- Ensure all required forms are signed and returned within university deadlines.
- Forward all signed documents to Concordia Security’s Event Analysis.
- Bottomline Event Supervision Schedule; coordinate worker members to supervise the events; or fill-in if necessary (different wage)
- Use existing policy to oversee human resources, including recruitment, training, providing feedback performance, and ongoing development as well as keep operations manual up to date – with regards to Events Supervision.
- Maintain records of all events and deposit fees in accordance with Hive administrative guidelines.
- Help establish, document and update procedures related to space bookings.
- Generate quarterly Event reports for the Hive board of Directors
- Receive, respond to and coordinate catering order requests
- Manage catering equipment, including maintenance, purchasing and storage
- Coordinate and bottomline order deliveries
- Engage in community awareness initiatives and outreach as required;
- interact with cooperative members to regularly assess and evaluate the degree of community satisfaction;
- recommend and implement new initiatives to keep up with demand and market changes
- Collaborate with Marketing committee
- Some website and social media content maintenance
- Support the Cafe & worker-members on the floor – one day per week
- Easily shares expertise, mentors others, and fosters a climate of experiential learning, growth, and improvement, as well as ongoing personal and collective development.
- Continues their own education/training as required to develop and acquire new skills in leadership, hospitality, and food issues.
- Upholds and promotes the social, environmental, and economic sustainability of the café as outlined in the cooperative’s constitution
- Ensures the financial viability of the Hive Cafe and work in collaboration with the BOD to ensure its financial sustainability.
Qualities and Assets:
- Good problem-solving and improvising abilities
- Works very well with others and in a team dynamic
- Self motivated
- Has an understanding of the importance of maintaining good client relationships
- Good understanding of google drive and its applications (google sheets, forms, etc)
- Amazing organizational skills a must
- Understanding of Concordia food groups an asset
- At least 2 years experience in a coordinator position, preferably pertaining to events, catering and event planning.
- Experience in a role where multi-tasking skills were a must.
- Experience working in a cooperative setting a plus.
- Experience with invoicing and record-keeping.
- Experience working with Hospitality Concordia, Concordia Security, Concordia Student groups or a good understanding of the inner workings of Concordia University (not mandatory, but a definite asset)