ETC Group is an international civil society organization that monitors the impact of emerging technologies and corporate strategies on biodiversity, agriculture and human rights. We operate at the global political level. We work closely with partner civil society organizations (CSOs) and social movements, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are a small staff team (approximately 12 people) with offices in allDavid (Laurentians), Canada; Mexico City, Mexico and Davao City, Philippines, and other international colleagues working from London, UK and in Oakland, US. Despite the distance between us, we work closely together, communicating via Skype, email, telephone, teleconference and travel.
Under the general direction of the Co-Executive Directors, the Finance and Administration Manager ensures the effective functioning of ETC Group’s international offices and is accountable for overseeing the organization’s financial and administrative operations.
This position is based in the Laurentians, in the beautiful village of Val-David, one hour north of Montreal, Canada.
Working in close cooperation with a small but dynamic international team, under the general direction of the ColExecutive Directors, the Finance and Administration Manager will ensure the effective functioning of ETC Group’s international offces and is accountable for overseeing the organization’s fnancial and administrative operations. This includes oversight of fnances internationally, management of human resources, governance and donor accountability, reporting and compliance. The Finance and Administration Manager will supervise administrative and fnance staff and work across time zones. They will directly manage a part-time book keeper and administrative assistant in allDavid. This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate would be likely to have:
- A postgraduate qualification (ideally in a field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Accounting or another relevant field) or five years equivalent experience.
- Experience developing and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems, preferably on international projects.
- Skills in Administrative support, including overseeing HR issues, internal processes, managing shared files
- Skills in teamwork, organization and logistics;
- Ability to organize/prioritize a demanding, responsive multitask workload, to take
initiative and be flexible;
- Capacity to work under pressure in a self directed manner and to collaborate with
others in an international, multi office, collegial team situation;
- Strong written and spoken English and good written and spoken French are required.
Proficiency in Spanish would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with standard office software (e.g.,
Microsoft Word and Excel). Working knowledge in SAGE accounting software is an
advantage and additional technical skills welcome.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personnel management capabilities
- Commitment to upholding ETC Group’s values, vision and direction;
- Willingness to undertake occasional international travel and to work occasional
evenings in order to communicate across time zones with international colleagues
- Experience of working with, or in, an international NGO is an asset.
Starting salary: Commensurate with qualifcations and experience. We offer a reasonably competitive salary rate as other small nonlprofts in uebec, plus decent beneft package. $50,000l$55,000.
For more information, visit http://www.etcgroup.org/jobs
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter and C via email to ETC Group at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22nd at 5pm. Please write the job title “Finance and Administration Manager” in the subject line of your message.