The Finance coordinator is responsible for overseeing the financial operations at Sustainable Concordia. The coordinator works in conjunction with the Finance committee, the Board of Directors, and other Coordinators within the organization to ensure the proper financial functionings of the organization including but not limited to; maintaining and replenishing bank accounts, processing reimbursements and payroll, communicating with government agencies as required, constructing and updating organizational budgets, and providing financial updates to coordinators and directors on a regular basis. In addition, the Finance Coordinator is encouraged to undertake projects which they feel passionately about and to collaborate with other Concordia student organizations. If feasible, the Finance Coordinator may also assist any on-campus projects or organizations which may need assistance with financial matters.
– Facilitate timely remuneration to paid staff (every-other week) and interns (as necessary) through external payroll company;
– Work with federal and provincial government agencies to ensure proper filing of government declarations and remittances;
– Monitor the cash flow of multiple bank accounts
– Use accounting software (SAGE50 and/or QuickBooks) to create financial statements
– Facilitate weekly cheque reimbursements, including organization of receipts and documentation
– Organize and maintain a petty cash in collaboration with the Office Coordinator
– Facilitate the Finance Committee, preparing for the different cycles of the financial year
– Oversee monthly and annual budgets:
– Providing monthly Budget-to-actual updates at Coordinator and Board of Director meetings
– Coordinate the budget planning process
– Complete the yearly audit/review engagement with the Finance Committee, retrieving information about the organization for presentation to the external auditor
– Attend meetings as necessary (General Coordinator meetings, Finance Committee meetings, Board of Directors meetings)
– Prepare year-end financial report for presentation at the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
– Interpret the external auditor’s report and make recommendations based on that interpretation to the stakeholders of Sustainable Concordia at the AGM
– Organize training for the Board of Directors in financial matters as necessary, in collaboration with the Office Coordinator/BoD chair
– Experience with financial controls in a non-profit, not-for-profit, and/or charity environment
– Experience building and working with budgets in a non-hierarchical, consensus-based environment
– Understand Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for non-profits
– Experience using SAGE50, and/or QuickBooks.
– Proven time management and organizational skills
– Ability to work independently and creating own professional goals
– Bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written)
– Interest in community-based groups, non-corporate, self-managed environment and principles
– Knowledge of Sustainable Concordia and/or other sustainability initiatives at Concordia University
Sustainable Concordia acknowledges that our society does not value and respect all people equally and are seeking applicants with different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to join our organisation. We encourage applicants to highlight diverse experiences which are frequently unheard or undervalued in society and traditional job markets. This may include life, work, and/or volunteer experiences.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before February, 11, 2018 at 11h30 PM.