Position Type: Full-time, 35 hours a week
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 19th, 2019
Start Date: Monday, May 27th, 2019
Compensation: 26$ per hour, with generous benefits package
Location: 1514 Docteur-Penfield Avenue, Montreal, QC H3G 1B9
Send a resume, cover letter and 2 references to Caro Loutfi, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
*We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apathy is Boring is a youth-led organization offering employment opportunities to young and diverse people placing young adults in decision making and community building roles.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the finances and operations of this pan-Canadian non-profit organization. This position requires a person with keen attention to detail and the ability and desire to multi-task and take on a wide range of responsibilities. Experience with financial oversight, budgeting experience and Sage50 (Simply Accounting) is required. This person will oversee the Administration Coordinator and the Bookkeeper.
The Finance and Operations Manager will additionally support with the operational and administrative aspects of the organization. The Finance and Operations Manager will work with peer Managers and the ED towards the smooth internal functioning of the organization, ensuring procedures are in place to provide a high-engagement culture that emphasizes empowerment, self-care, productivity, standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a young workforce and community actors.
- Oversee the process of monthly bank reconciliations, tracking receivables, creating invoices, processing reimbursements and bi-weekly payroll
- Work closely with the bookkeeper to ensure information is provided in a timely fashion and conduct analysis of financial reports
- Follow up with partners, funders and government bodies to ensure payables and receivables are delivered in a timely manner
- Coordinate and assist auditors with yearly financial audit
- Assist with preparation of spreadsheets, and budgeting documents
- Oversee organization procedures, through standardized tools and trainings, ensuring staff and volunteers are well supported
- Operational and administrative support to Human Resources
- Oversee the work of and relationships with operations related supports; including landlords, IT contractors, auditors, bookkeeping firm
- Manage and support the Admin Coordinator, who is responsible for equipping the office with materials, maintaining up-to-date and organized digital and paper files, booking travel and accommodation, organizing staff gatherings, coordinating technical support, supporting with financial administrative tasks, among other responsibilities.
- Monitor professional development stipends and trainings opportunities for staff
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and on time
- Liaising with clients, granting officers, officials on reporting requirements
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Administration, Management, or related field
- 3 years minimum work experience in a related role
- Experience with Sage 50 (Simply Accounting), bookkeeping processes and practices
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge– ability to effectively analyze data using formulas and other functions
- Financial Management experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Experience in management, providing support and oversight to another team member
- Exceptional customer service skills and work well in a team environment
- Bilingual, excellent knowledge of English, and French