Founded in 1995, YES Employment + Entrepreneurship, a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses is growing and looking to hire a
FINANCIAL RESOURCES MANAGER
This exciting full-time position requires someone with experience working with budgets and forecasts who also enjoys writing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and can adapt quickly to respond to various stakeholder demands. The ideal candidate also has an affinity for the non-profit sector.
Reporting directly to the Financial Officer (FO), the Financial Resources Manager is responsible for identifying areas of specific funding needs and substantiating their fit within the organization (Federal, \Provincial and Foundations). The successful candidate pays strict attention to detail, thrives on rigid deadlines, juggling multiple tasks and concurrent deadlines, working independently AND in a collaborative team environment. Responsibilities will include:
– Developing compelling applications/proposals, including budgets and forecasts as required.
– Writing government reports (financials, statistics, and narrative) that respect applicable contract deadlines.
– Utilizing the in-house CRM to write queries and reports that identify trends.
– Under the guidance of the FO, monitoring on-going funding contracts, responding to requests and providing regular analysis and follow-up with stakeholders
– Supporting the FO in maintaining a close liaison with federal, provincial and municipal officials in order to assess on-going developments and opportunities and to maintain a high and effective profile for YES.
– Maintaining and coordinating financial related records, including tracking, reporting and correspondence.
– Assisting the FO in the monitoring of actual variances to budget and reporting as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
– Appropriate degree in a business-related field (Accounting or Finance) or comparable experience with a strong interest in writing.
– Excellent English writing and communication skills are required
– At least three years of experience in accounting and financial reporting is a bonus.
– Digitally savvy … CRM/database management, writing queries, and analyzing trends.
– Experience using Office365 and Sharepoint platforms is a bonus
– Very detail-focused and organized – your high standards are reflected in your work
– Motivated with strong follow through and self-direction on assignments
– Respects and adheres to timelines and deadlines
– Flexible – able to shift gears quickly
– You see attention-to-detail as a way of life and take pride in your work
– Prefers working for a not-for-profit organization.
– Prefers working alone but is a strong contributor in team environments
– Personable, positive, friendly
– Bilingual (French and English) with strong writing skills in French is a definite bonus
Benefits: YES is proud of its diverse, committed, focused and respectful staff and volunteers. YES has a dynamic and fast paced work environment and offers its employees:
– 10 paid sick days/personal days per year
– Group Insurance plan (Life Insurance/ Health & Dental/ Disability Insurance)
– Employee Assistance Plan
– VSRP (Voluntary Sector Retirement Plan)
– Closed between Christmas and New Year
– 11 Statutory holidays
– Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
YES values the diversity of the people it hires and serves and is committed to equal opportunity employment.