Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to continue to build on the Centre’s fundraising success in both annual giving and endowment funds. The Fund Development Director (FD) is a dynamic and seasoned fundraiser who understands and enjoys the science and art of fundraising. The FDD reports directly to the Board of Directors and works under the direct supervision of the Board Chair. In addition, the FDD works in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Tyndale St-Georges Foundation, as well as the Fundraising Committee Chair and the Special Events Committee Chair, in support of the mission of the Centre.
• Lead all categories of fund development including: foundations, corporations and individuals leading to the achievement of revenue budgets.
• Coordinate, plan, and execute a fundraising plan and schedule of activities, including special events.
• Cultivate and maintain key relationships with new and existing donors for raising significant new funds
• Work closely with the Fundraising Committee Chair, the Special Events Committee Chair and the Foundation Chair in support of the Centre’s funding goals
• Research and develop funding proposals and provide evaluation reports as required.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data entered in the database. Generate relevant reports, including monthly board reports regarding current and prospective donors.
• Identify, recruit, and train fundraising volunteers.
• University education or equivalent relevant experience; minimum of 5 years specific fundraising experience and demonstrable track record of success
• Strong sales skills and goal-driven
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise and motivate volunteers
• Effective written and oral communication skills in French and English
• Experience working in non-profit community organizations with families from diverse cultures and knowledge of Little Burgundy are assets
• Ease with relevant software, including MS Office Suite and fundraising software, such as Donor Perfect, Salesforce, Canada Helps, and Membogo.
• Salary commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package
• Standard work week, with some evening and weekend hours
Since 1927, Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre has served the residents of Little Burgundy, supporting them to overcome the systemic barriers of poverty and racism. We look for ways to join them as they advocate for themselves within the local and broader community and we support their efforts to build their confidence and realize their aspirations and individual potential.
Please forward your letter of interest and CV by email to: email@example.com
Submission deadline: July 20, 2018
Tyndale St-Georges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring
a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.