The Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) is seeking candidates for a one-year full-time (35 hours/week) maternity-leave replacement position to support fundraising and donor communications.
• Prepare applications for project funding
• Collaborate on reports (including financial reports) on funded projects
• Manage and support all activities to recruit, solicit and sustain donors
• Process donations
• Manage donor relationships and communications
• Develop, implement, analyze and report on fundraising strategies and work plans
• Coordinate with organizers of fundraising events
A typical day might include processing donations, managing donor relationships, exploring new opportunities for funding, coordinating with other staff to prepare reports and/or applications for funding, and preparing messages for donors about recent CCR work. All tasks are carried out in close collaboration and consultation with the small CCR staff team, members, and partners.
• Demonstrated commitment to human rights, social justice and anti-oppression.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Good organizational ability and attention to detail.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to explain complex issues in an accessible way.
• Fluent in both official languages.
• Experience in grant and report writing.
• Comfortable working with website content management systems, or ability to learn.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work in a small office where staff must be adaptable.
• Skills in budget/financial management an asset.
• Knowledge of immigration, refugee and settlement issues an asset.
Based at the CCR office in Montreal. Salary based on experience and according to salary scale.
The CCR encourages applications from refugees, immigrants, people of colour, Indigenous, gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and two-spirited people.
To be considered, candidates should apply at ccrweb.ca/en/job-fundraising-coordinator by Friday, April 12th 2019.
We welcome all applications but regret we are only able to respond to applicants invited for an interview.
The Canadian Council for Refugees is a national non-profit umbrella organization committed to the rights and protection of refugees and other vulnerable migrants in Canada and around the world and to the settlement of refugees and immigrants in Canada.
For more information about the CCR, please consult our website: ccrweb.ca