This position is available through Emploi Quebec subvention salariale. To know if you are eligible, you must go to your local Emploi Quebec office to receive a letter of admissibility. If you are selected for an interview, we will ask you to bring the letter with you.
As part of our 50th celebrations, Head & Hands is going to build an Intergenerational Anniversary Garden in front of our building: ideally an herb garden. We are looking for a coordinator to work in collaboration with the Head & Hands team and community to make the project come to life!
– Working on landscaping design of the garden
– Make decisions around plant species, and solicit donations or purchases of seedlings and/or plants and soil
– Build partnerships with CDN-NDG based environmental organizations to promote and collaborate on the garden project
– Recruit volunteers both from the surrounding community and CDN-NDG partner organizations to work together on the garden
– Coordinate “Planting Days”, including formal events and/or drop-ins, to both clear the existing beds and build the garden
– Plan post-planting volunteer appreciation picnic
– Create a maintenance plan for the garden
– Create outdoor and indoor boxes for herbs or flowers
– Design and have a small plaque made for the garden, in collaboration with the communications team
This position offers $18/h.