Communicaid for Hearing Impaired Persons (CHIP) is the only registered nonprofit organization in Quebec, which serves Anglophones affected by hearing loss, their families, friends, coworkers and the community . CHIP has been providing ongoing programs, services and support to the hard of hearing community in and around the greater Montreal area since 1979, almost 40 years. Many of our team and board members are people affected by hearing loss. We understand and are concerned with the struggles and the difficulties that people with hearing difficulties often experience in their daily lives.
CHIP’s mandate is not only to offer ongoing programs and services but also to connect and inspire those affected by hearing loss, thereby helping to improve quality of life and counter isolation. CHIP’s various programs help to raise awareness about the potential consequences of hearing loss, such as isolation, depression, anger, and dementia, to name a few. As a largely “invisible “ disability, there are many “myths” and misconceptions about hearing loss. Our vision is a community where we can hear, be heard and thrive.
In this position, the Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
The funding for this position is provided by the Federal Canada Summer Jobs program and there are conditions that apply.
Canada Summer Job Requirements
- Must be between the ages of 15-30 years of age (inclusively) at the start of employment.
- Must be a registered full-time student for the preceding academic year and intend to to return to school on a full-time basis for the upcoming academic year.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act and legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial territorial legislation and regulations.
- Have a Certificate or degree in Graphic Design/Communication.
- Have proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and AI programs.
- Experience with website and social media platforms and layouts.
- Knowledge of file preparation for printers.
- Duration of the summer program: 16 weeks
- Start date: To be determined: April/May (Based on Canada Summer Jobs grant)
- Number of hours per week: 35 hours
- Hourly wage rate : To be discussed
Applicants for this position who are hard of hearing will be given priority. Please apply online on our website or submit your CV and cover letter before June 15 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please tell us why, based on your own experiences and competencies, you are the ideal candidate for this position.