AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for a Groups Coordinator to join our team! Reporting to the
Program Manager, the Groups Coordinator oversees ACCM’s drop-in centre activities, including support
groups (French, English, Spanish, and for people who use drugs), Dinner and Discussion (a monday night
communal meal with capacity building), the Membership Activity Fund, Camp Positive (a summer camp for
people living with HIV), and other activities that support people living with HIV or hepatitis C. This position is
a one year contract with a possibility of renewal. The Groups Coordinator must be available for a flexible
schedule, including Monday evenings and some weekends. You will:
– Oversee membership activities with particular emphasis on the meaningful involvement of people
living with HIV or hepatitis C.
– Coordinate our weekly dinner and discussion series, including volunteer support, food purchases,
cooking of the meal as needed, member outreach, and setting up activities.
– Coordinate member services initiatives like yoga, the community kitchen, games nights, support and
social groups, as well as social outings.
– Provide interventions and support within our drop-in space, including referrals pertaining to housing,
food, mental health, sexual health, drug use, risk reduction, and community services.
– Communicate ACCM’s member activities through the creation of a monthly calendar.
– Participate in case management meetings as a member of the Support Services team.