Groups Coordinator (32 hours/week, temporary replacement)
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for a Groups Coordinator to join our team! Reporting to the Program Manager, the Groups Coordinator oversees ACCM’s drop-in centre activities, including support groups (French, English, Spanish, and for people who use drugs), Dinner and Discussion (a Monday night communal meal with capacity building), the Membership Activity Fund, and other group activities that support people living with HIV or hepatitis C. This position is a temporary replacement contract for up to 18 months. The Groups Coordinator must be available for a flexible schedule, including Monday evenings and some weekends.
– Oversee membership activities with particular emphasis on the meaningful involvement of people living with HIV or hepatitis C (GIPA/MIPA).
– Coordinate our weekly dinner and discussion series(D&D), including volunteer support, food purchases, cooking of the meal as needed, member outreach, and setting up activities, bringing in guest speakers.
– Coordinate member services initiatives like yoga, the community kitchen, games nights, support and social groups, as well as social outings.
– Provide interventions and support within our drop-in space, including referrals pertaining to housing, food, mental health, sexual health, drug use, risk reduction, and community services.
– Communicate ACCM’s member activities through the creation of a monthly calendar.
– Participate in case management meetings as a member of the Support Services team.
Our Groups Coordinator:
– Has a proven track record of project coordination and strong organizational skills. You can make order out of chaos while keeping a smile on your face.
– Possesses demonstrated experience in counselling and intervention. You are empathetic, kind, and a strong listener. You have a fervent belief in harm reduction, and a proven history of practicing harm reduction-based interventions.
– Has a strong knowledge of HIV, hepatitis C, risk reduction, drug use, MIPA (Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV), the social determinants of health, as well as ACCM as an organization. A working knowledge of Montreal’s queer and trans communities and resources is preferred.
– Brings the fun! Beyond psychosocial support and access to care, the groups coordinator position works against stigma and builds community through successful social programs, outings, and activities. You have a history of event organization, can think outside the box, and deliver effective programming on time and on budget.
– Positively adds to the life of ACCM. You are a team player with a desire to help the organization be the best it can be. You are flexible in your duties and working methods, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
– Is fluent in English and French.
Interested persons should submit letters of intent along with their CV to the attention of Kamilla Petrosyan, Program Manager, at email@example.com by 5 pm April 18, 2018. Please tell us what risk-reduction means to you, as well as how you will positively engage people living with HIV through group programming.
This position pays between $17 and $18 per hour, depending on experience. We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position
Thanks in advance for your collaboration!