Position: Internship Coordinator at CEED Concordia
Duration: 13 month contract (September 2018-October 2019) with possibility for 1 year renewal
Time commitment: 15-20/hours per week in Montreal & 40 hours/week in Uganda
Salary: $13.00 / hr
***This position requires travel to Uganda from mid-May to end of August 2019***
The internship coordinator is the main contact for interns from Concordia travelling to Uganda. While in Canada the coordinator is responsible for recruiting interns and leading their pre-departure training, as well as facilitating their travel logistics. In Uganda, they provide psychosocial support to the interns as interns adjust to Uganda, and oversee CEED’s community projects. The coordinator also assists the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator with various tasks, such as event planning, grant writing, report writing and networking and relationship building.
• Working in a cross cultural team and different work environments
• Selection of interns for 2019
• Development of pre-departure training, including developing activities, content, discussion topics, training manual etc
• Working closely with Concordia professors to develop and carry out course LOYC 398/DART 398/MANA 499
• Overseeing welfare of interns pre-departure – e.g. addressing concerns, assisting in travel planning and fundraising, etc
• Overseeing welfare and work of interns in Uganda – e.g. attending project meetings, providing feedback, conducting field visits, meeting interns individually as needed, etc
• Facilitating experiential reflection and learning; contribute to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) of CEED’s community engagement model and pedagogy
• Attending campus-based events – e.g. information fairs, networking opportunities
• Assisting in CEED’s various events and fundraising activities
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness, ability to work on a cross cultural team and in a cross cultural environment
• Ability to facilitate meetings & group discussions
• Organized and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently & in teams
• Flexible, open-minded and patient
• Knowledge of East Africa, Uganda in particular
• Knowledge of cross-cultural work, development work, and non-profits
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com BY TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
**Please be aware, due to political events in Uganda and other things beyond CEED’s control, the 2019 trip may be delayed or cancelled. If the trip to Uganda does not go ahead, the incoming internship coordinator may be requested to travel independently to Uganda or to an alternate venue with interns or other representatives of CEED, or as needed, contribute on the design and execution of alternative duties and responsibilities, and supervise and coordinate CEED internships in Montreal, help in building new partnerships and other duties.