Nazareth Community Residences are located in the Shaughnessy Village area for individuals who have struggled with homelessness, mental health issues, addictions and PTSD. We help and support, offering programs and services that are adaptable to each individual with the focus on empowerment and cooperation.
Job posting Intervention Worker
This is an opportunity to work in Community, in a home like, nurturing environment; “John’s House”; for young adults. We are offering client centered specifically tailored programs to increase hope and opportunities to mitigate the risk of long-term homelessness.
Number of Hours: approx. 35 hours
Hourly wage: $20-$25
Equitable wage contingent on education and experience/ Opportunities for advancement and educational workshops.
Experience: Must have relevant experience
Education Requirement: Completion of collegial DEC and/or relevant
-Must be comfortable working with a team and alone
-Crisis intervention experience
Start date: April 1st 2021
-A valid Quebec driver’s license is an asset
Intervention position entails:
- Collaborate and assist the individual residents in supporting their needs and goals
- Evaluate the needs and social function of the resident.
- Conduct Intervention Plans
- Liaise with partner organizations and community workers
- Provide active listening and support to residents.
- Participate in weekly team meetings with other staff members.
- Supervise residents. Ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Contribute and participate in organized group activities
- Maintain and contribute to active and professional resident records and counseling notes.
- Maintain confidential information within guidelines established by Communaute Nazareth Inc.
Applications can be made by sending an email with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae. Interviews are currently taking place. Only the candidates that are considered will be contacted for an interview.
Contact person: Sheila Woodhouse email@example.com