We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for Special Event Organizer (SEO) to join our family! We raise funds to sustain our life changing programming and to ensure by-and-for support services. Through this position, you will assist us in organizing and coordinating Montreal’s largest scale Toronto-Montreal Bike Rally.
- As a key member of the development team, the SEO will:
- Solicit event sponsors and secure new partnerships for the Montreal branch of the bike rally;
- Coordinate the planning of and all services for bike-rally related events, including community engagement events, rider recruitment events, rider training sessions, and entertainment and
- social gatherings for participants;
- Engage with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events;
- Update & execute event work-plans, including assessments of logistical and volunteer needs, this includes hire, train and supervise support staff required for event;
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events;
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws;
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers’ invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports;
- Support our team to fulfill an ambitious year of community-building and fundraising.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has experience with a bike rally fundraiser. Demonstrated knowledge of the Friends of Life Bike Rally is an asset;
- Has a minimum two years of experience in project coordination or event organizing;
- Has event or festival organizing experience in bilingual settings. Demonstrated Toronto & Montreal networks are an asset;
- Is detail oriented and loves a spreadsheet. Demonstrated volunteer experience with ACCM is an asset;
- Understands the communities we serve and supports ACCM’s mission and vision. You believe in our anti-oppression, anti-racism and harm reduction work. Demonstrated commitment to
- HIV/AIDS and 2SLGBTQ+ communities is an asset;
- Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people. You believe in the organization’s mission and values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners. You can work a room, and
- are an excellent representative for ACCM at public events;
- Is comfortable fundraising, and networking within our communities. You take initiative when it comes to funding your events through sponsorship, individual giving, and grant proposals;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, fluent in French and English. Spanish is an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community fundraising, work plan implementation, volunteer engagement and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but two references will be requested. To apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM at the following link: https://forms.gle/yheJxTt4Au4FrMeZ9
We look forward to hearing from you by November 26th, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This permanent 30 hours a week position pays $16.00 per hour.