Under the immediate supervision of the Food Services Coordinator, and in collaboration with the program coordinator and the kitchen Chef, the Kitchen manager is responsible for fostering harmonious team work and a positive work environment in the New Hope kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure a safe, healthy and positive work environment in the New Hope kitchen:
- Recruitment, training, scheduling and ongoing support of special needs kitchen volunteers,
- Administrative upkeep of kitchen volunteer database,
- Daily preparation/coordination of Meals on Wheels (MOW) routes,
- Ensure kitchen equipment is well maintained and MAPAQ guidelines are in place and respected,
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness at all times,
- Collaborate with the Chef on meal planning,
- Support the Chef in food orders and
- Organize and maintain stockroom, laundry room and freezer.
- On-call for other areas of responsibility as needed.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Food Services Coordinator of issues that affect the effective functioning of the kitchen,
- Act as a professional advisor to the Food Services Coordinator on all aspects of the Meals on Wheels program.
Volunteer resources planning and management
- Determine volunteer requirements for kitchen and Meals on Wheels program,
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment for kitchen and MOW volunteers,
- Ensure volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained
- Identify potential conflict of interest situations and act accordingly,
- Ensure code of ethics is respected.
Education and requirements:
- A vocational certificate in a related field (Professional cooking, Food and beverage services, Community services, Human resources, Personal support worker),
- MAPAQ certification,
- Working knowledge of French and English.
- Valid drivers’ licence.
Skills and abilities
- Adaptability: Ability to multi-task, to be highly organized and adaptable to fast paced environment,
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, to maintain kitchen moral,
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques,
- Supportive: An ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the special needs volunteers in a job integration program,
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the MOW program and volunteer effectiveness
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards programming goals, and track details, data, information and activities,
- Plan: Determine strategies to promote optimal kitchen operations – set goals, create and implement an action plan, and evaluate the process and results,
- Solve Problems: Assess problems situations, identify its’ causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Start date is in January, 2019.
- 26-week subvention salariale contract at 14$ an hour. There
- The Kitchen manager works a 5 day a week schedule, but may additionally be called upon to work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Fundraisers and other organizational events and takes the equivalent time back at the convenience of the organization.
The position of Kitchen manager is multi-faceted and requires flexibility and adaptability to unforeseen circumstances. For these reasons, the Kitchen manager may be called upon to assume a task not outlined in the present job description document, but is essential to the effective functioning and success of the organization.
A Candidate can send his/her C.V., cover letter and Emploi Quebec letter of admisability to Subventions salariales to email@example.com by Friday January 19th, 2019
Please be advised that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.