Are you interested in making a difference? We are looking for a compassionate committed person who has an understanding of kitchen safety, hygiene and nutrition and cooking ability for approx 20-30. Who can prepare a weekly menu, order kitchen supplies, arrange pick up of food donations. This is an opportunity to work in Community, in a home like, nurturing environment. Opportunities for educational workshops and additional training.
Starting 4 days a week with the objective to increase to 5
Hourly wage: To be discussed
Experience: Must have relevant experience
Education Requirement: Completion of DEC and/or relevant
Residences located in the Shaughnessy Village area for individuals who have struggled with homelessness, mental health issues, addictions and PTSD. We provide assistance and support, offering programs and services that are adaptable to each individual with the focus on empowerment and cooperation.
Description of Position:
Nazareth Community is looking for kitchen worker who is able to take initiatives, work autonomously and in a team. We are looking for someone who can respond appropriately and work with a vulnerable community.
- Worker must be able to communicate in French and English.
- A valid Quebec driver’s license is required
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervise residents and volunteers in the community kitchen area.
- Ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to
- Weekly menu planning
- Innovative and nutritious meal preparation
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and pantry
- Experience in a mental health environment
- Interest in sustainable gardening, composting an asset
Applications can be made by sending an email to email@example.com with a letter of intent and curriculum vitae by May 18th. Interviews are currently taking place. Only the candidates that are considered will be contacted for an interview.