Black Theatre Workshop is seeking a Marketing Assistant to work with our marketing strategy, assist with event planning of our fundraiser dinner and development plans.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Assistant’s tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Working in close and regular consultation with the Outreach & Development Coordinator, the Assistant will be responsible for aiding with all aspects of the marketing campaigns.
• Solicit ads and artists bios for programme
• Assist in social media strategy
• Network with student groups
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall processes.
B. Vision Coordination
• Assist the Outreach & Development Coordinator with the coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
• Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
• Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
• Coordinate the seating plan.
• Coordinate volunteers for event.
• Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
• Coordinate and expand the Theatre’s on-going membership drive
• Process and acknowledge all memberships
• Develop and implement individual, membership and corporate campaigns
• Research, identify and pursue prospective new individual and corporate donor contacts
• Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
• Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
• Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
• Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
• Keep personal time sheets updated at all times.
• Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $13/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin on August 21, 2017 and run for 30 weeks (until March 18, 2018). Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies (Currently unemployed , on Employment Insurance or on welfare) and hold a letter stating this fact (Lettre d’admissibilité à la mesure Subvention salariale).
Please visit http://emploiquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/starting-a-new-job/employment-integration-programs/wage-subsidy/ for full details.
Please submit a letter, resume and your Employ Quebec eligibility letter to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 6th, 2017
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.