Working with Geordie’s Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Media & Marketing Manager is responsible for:
• Creating systems and processes for the Media & Marketing department to run smoothly and efficiently, with reasonable timelines, and deliverables met, within the provided budget.
• Planning, coordinating, and carrying out marketing and media initiatives.
• Creating, in consultation with the Artistic Director all branding for the company.
• Create weekly and seasonal social media strategies in conjunction with the Community Engagement Manager
• Proposing, designing, planning, and executing annual marketing plans for, as applicable, single productions, tours, season launch and Geordie Theatre School with the general goals of expanding markets, increasing visibility and audience reach.
• Managing expense budgets for all marketing and communications.
• Contracting and managing graphic designers, web designers, photographers, videographers etc. in the creation of promotional materials, including, but not limited to the season brochures, posters, programs, bookmarks, print ads, radio/tv promos, and web content, and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Writing and disseminating press releases, overseeing media calls and photo shoots.
• Prospecting new and fostering current media sponsors, as well as all press relations for the season.
• Follow-through with visibility strategies laid out by returning and new sponsors and donors.