Position: Office Manager (short term- parental leave coverage)
Duration: 3 month contract (September 23rd 2018-December 23rd 2018)
Time commitment: 25-30 hours per week
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 / hr depending on experience and qualifications
The Office Manager will be standing in for the Executive Director while he is on paternity leave as the acting head of the Montreal office.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Entrusted with the overall administration and management of the CEED Concordia office in Montreal, as well as ensuring that its operations are in accordance with CEED Concordia’s standing regulations.
2. Supervise and mentor staff and students in Montreal.
3. Coordinate financial management and banking activities with the Chair, Treasurer and Executive Director.
4. Communicate regularly with the CEED Uganda office, supervise and support public outreaches and further sensitization of CEEDs projects and youth issues.
5. The Office Manager oversees the recruitment and selection of student interns for internships in Uganda (May to Aug 2019).
6. He/she undertakes resource mobilization, capacity building and assumes strategic decisions regarding project implementation, as based on approved work plan and annual budget.
7. Fundamentally, the Office Manager will lead the day-to-day operations of the Montreal office, liaise regularly with the Board of Directors, represent the organization at Concordia University engagements, and strengthen partnerships in Montreal. The Office Manager will build a work plan with the Board and Executive Director and will take leadership in completing the tasks assigned.
-Knowledge of financial management, book keeping, Excel, accounts tracking
-Organized and ability to multi-task
-Ability to work independently & with limited supervision
-Team leadership and supervision (in office) and active team work with the Board of Directors
-Flexible, open-minded and patient
-Knowledge of cross-cultural work, development work, and non-profits
-Ability to facilitate meetings & group discussions
-Experience in event planning
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com BY SEPTEMBER 21st 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.